Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Daniel Richardson with his 56.5cm barra, tagged and released
good job I took my lip grips.
Well guys, I went shark fishing on Monday at the river, everything was prepared, I had 6 rigs set up in bags at home, each rig was a paternoster with a dropper loop, on the loop was 30cm wire trice, the wire was nylon coated, then on that was a 3/0 suicide and a 4/0 bait holder. I used everything, live mullet, bony bream, dead mullet, live prawns, dead prawns.  On the bottom was a big enough snapper lead to get it to the bottom of the fast flowing river.  There were some bites but that was about it, except for the run that broke my 20ib dropper loop, which if it was a shark its tail may have hit it.
 I had been there for hours and decided it was time to go home, I did so, but still feeling quite useless I rode to a local lagoon and used a Sebile splasher to find stuff, the only thing hitting it though was perch about 10cm in length but catching 15 of these was better than no sharks.
Shark Gear:
Rod: Berkley drop shot bait caster
Reel: Team Daiwa Viento with 10kg braid
Rig: 20 pound mono paternoster with 20 pound wire on dropper loop, 3/0 and 4/0 hooks connected together, small snapper lead
Bait: mullet, prawns, bony bream

just an avaraged size perch, relly the only fun is
 seeing about 50 of the swarm the lure in the water



Perch Gear:
Rod: 1-3kg strudwik sic stick
Reel: 1000 stradic ci4 with 4 pound braid
Lures: Sebile splasher 52 in perch colour

Stay Tuned for the second attempt,
Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment