Tuesday, February 15, 2011

another day out on the lake

Hey all,
recently my friend and I had a kayking trip out in a saltwater tidal lake, hoping to pick up some barra.
My set up, 2metre graphite spin, 2500 sized spin reel
spooled with braid.
everything was right, except the style of lures we took. here are some pictures. I admit my friend picked up one small barra but that was it all day.

Me and my Extreme kayak fish bandit.

Rocky drop off and a little bit of mangroves, perfect for bream
and jack if the conditions were good
submerged timbers, great for barra hunting
My kayak has a built in measuring thing. so we used that.
Lunch
more wonderful structure
should throw a crab pot in there

4 comments:

  1. Excellent pictures I think you should put more photos on your blog like this once in a while. what would be the best structure for barramundi and what else would i be able to find there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps, yeah i will try and add more pictures now i have a waterprrof camera, vids even too. the reason it was quick with many pictures was cause i was sick but seeing as you like it i may do it every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is this area, is it anywhere near brisbane or even the sunnty coast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I am going to have to go with no. its a estuary land locked saltwater lake near Rockhampton, Causeway Lake.

    ReplyDelete