Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stradic Ci4 to the rescue

So recently I have flipped the kayak and lost all the gear, but this now means I have to buy the rods and reels back so there is no point in not getting really high quality gear in my perspective. I had finished my physics test and decided to jump on the bike and take a ride down to BarraJacks Rockhampton and grab my new Shimano Stradic Ci4 1000f which balances well with my recently acquired Stradwick SicStik Pro 1-3 kg rod. They spooled the reel with some crystal braid 100m 1kg and I was on my way. I had ridden to the spot x and realised I forgot leader so it was back to barra jacks to ‘borrow’ some 2 kg mono. Now with that tied to my braid by a bim twist I rod to my spot x but on the way saw a bait ball being hammered by Tarpon near a bridge. I know from experience that they cannot resist a surface lure and in my lure arsenal I had a perch coloured Sebile splasher (possibly the greatest surface lure made) it was also filled with glitter giving it an unreal effect in the water. I cast out with this 52mm lure and let it sit for a couple of seconds then a few bloops and Bang tarpon were attacking from every direction. The tarpon were surreal coming so close to me and they wanted the lure so bad I saw two go for it at the same time right at my feet. The splasher was carving up and making havoc with more and more jumps from tarpon every minute as they smashed bait because I was stirring them up, I decided to try another lure, my Crankster 35mr. This lure was in the PR01 colour and this lure nailed them, the flattshad 42 nailed them, I was having so much fun but decided as fun as it was I am a bream and Barra fisherman so I will go after what I know…. So I continued to spot x and nailed a bream at the front and then a slimy green eel, both of these catches were on a Crankster 35 Mr PR04. It died down after that so I went further in and found some lovely Barra that happily darted across the water in jumps and twist displaying why I love to fish them. There is nothing more exciting than seeing a Barra jump out the water with your lure visibly in the side of its mouth.
picture taken later on to show you guys my new stradic.
 The splasher is also on the hook ring of the rod

2 comments:

  1. what were the three best lures for that day mate and why? i really want to hook a tarpon and see what its like

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mate, two lures stood out the cranksters and splashers by sebile but both work in a veriety of colours

    ReplyDelete