Friday, April 22, 2011

everything in perspective

after fishing with kurt hutchby I have learnt a lot. this morning  while everyone was casting off the bridge into the channel at a local fishing spot I walked in the flooded paddocks from all the rain, all the baitfish are there eating what the can find new, which meant the big fish will be close by hiding behind things, before I know it wading around in weeds and sticks and barbed wire fences pay off with a few tarpon being taken. I went home after no bara were caught. something else caught my eye while i fished with the GAWB hatchery people, all their rods were light as and their reels matched. even when I went barra fishing they had super light spin outfits. I went to barra jacks and snagged a bargain, a light 2 peice catana for 85 and a quantum triax for 30 ( way way way under priced) the team there put some braid and backing on for me and all i needed now was fish. I wanted to bream fish the river but the river didnt like that idea instead it threw 7 tarpon and 5 barra my way. Good way to christen/test new gear. I had ages left to go but I decided to just go home because the glare was killer and I was satisfied with the job my little bream lure did.

I walked right up to the tress to try and find a barra

fail shot at tarpon underwater, can slightly see it though


smaller tarpon on the crankster. im going to have to get more

new combo, nicknamed shit stirrer


tarpon on a crankster 35 mr
  
smaller barra on a crankster 35 mr
this one was a beauty to fight

4 comments:

  1. haha nice little barra on anice little rod good work mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you get the lure deep enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys, the lure is effectively a sub surface suspending with the bigger hooks. the barra were hitting fish at thesurface, little white bait, so i threw a lure and well what i caught is evident

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful looking fish mate

    ReplyDelete