Friday, April 22, 2011

day 3- meeting the shitty tinny

on day 3 I got dropped at the hatchery, put my rods in Kurts car and then connected up his boat onto the dual cab ute. it was a bit more roomy now that matty one of the workers went on holidays so everyone fit in the car nicely. we took the boat to the spillway and launched hunting for barra for atleast 3 hours My sebile Slender Eel was the first thing too hook up what seemed to be a barra, then someone hooked up on a tarpon but niether of us got the fish in which was very dissapointing. nobody got fish for ages so I put on a large plastic and put some kurt goop on it and cast that out but all that achieved was a dirty black catfish. Kurt put on a flick bait and hooked and got in a tarpon. we went back to the hatchery and unloaded everything and Kurt showed me all the stuff about feeding the fingerling and other stuff like his spinner baits and sites he gets jig heads and stuff from, it was all very interesting. it was a better afternoon, the sun was shining  bit so i gave the arina another chance and hooked up on some more bream around pylons. to memory the was about 5 bream that time and once again all on the sebile crankster 35 mr.
an area of the river we were fishing

neer where I caught the catfish

a bream taken on a sebile crankster

see what the gob of a big bream can do

some pylon where I was fishing

2 comments:

  1. wow must have been some hard hitting bream

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i upgraded all my hooks to 4x forged and the still bent them in or straightened them

    ReplyDelete