Friday, April 15, 2011

Cut The Line!!!


front area or little estuary

The family went to the beach and I put my fishing gear in the car. The beach had a little creek inlet that led into a little lake area full of sand flats and holes. The sand flats were full of bait fish, I tried gathering bait in my cast net but it still has massive rips in it along with most the pockets being ruined, all the baitfish were escaping. Finally I cornered a school of mullet and cast over them quickly bringing the net to the ground and caught a few. All of them got bitten off but the last one thank god hooked up but to my annoyance it was a small stingray so I got it in close enough to see it still had the barb, there was other people around so I decided it was safer just to cut the line and let it go. The net stopped catching bait so I but bread balls on a bait jig and threw it out with other bits of bread and got some other types of small fish.

dad with my rod
The fish went on a circle hook and were cast out so I could take the jig off my graphite rod and use a lure. The lure I put on was a yabbie imitation plastic. My sister and dad came over seizing my rods for their own use so I spent the rest of my time showing dad how to use the yabbie lure by twitching the rod not just slowly reeling in. after that didn’t work I put on a double curl tailed grub to suit his style of lure fishing. My sister didn’t understand what a circle hook is and kept trying to hook a fish with every bite and that bait works a hell of a lot better in water. When we got back to our apartment hotel thing I decided to spend forever and a day fixing up my cats net with the tiny bit of 10kg mono I took with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment