Friday, April 22, 2011

Day two of the gladstone trip

Today I went out to the spillway to get brude stock with the hatchery GAWB people managed by kurt hutchby. we fished in heaps of different places  but couldnt get to the spillway because of the 200ml of rain the night before. the scenery at the sites was spectacular, I did learn alot when we got back to the hatchery as kurt showed me his plastic collections and how to use what for different fish and then let me grab a few to use on some brem, along with something I know call kurt goop. Its like the attractants of the s factor stuff in squidgies but he made it up to give the barra medicines. It works alright and I have a whole tub of it to use one fish. With the goop on some prongs I got 2 bream. while I was at the hatchery I grabbed some picture of the barra in the tanks, most beautiful fish in my opinion.
just below spillway where we needed to
 go up but the water was too high

neer the dam discharge


barra in the tank

more fish

another barra pic

pretty blury but oh well

my viento, love it


the selection of lures Kurt let me give a go,
many you cant get in shops anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment