Saturday, April 16, 2011

The final Bundy Sesh





one of the rocky coves

It was early afternoon and I decided to try yet another place. I got to another beach with a large rocky spit on it. At the edge of the spit way out from the beach were little coves created by waves and were full of fish, picked the right time to remember the glasses. Just as I was looking for my target a school of bream swam past.

the wierd looking striped fish

 I put on my mini Crankster and threw it out; the lure was a holo greenie colour and got wacked every cast picking up big bream and little bream. The tide got bigger and the bream weren’t on the bight every cast now so while I lured I had a bait out and caught some very fast hitting Moses perch and a beautifully striped fish, I have fished Bundy before so I don’t know what it is, any help would be great.

my little bro and his first fish

 I got more perch on lures and bait and then some cod as well, my family came down and joined me so I headed back onto the beach to further immerse my brother in the world of fishing, he finally caught his first fish and it’s a smile I will never forget, literally from ear to ear as he reeled in a Moses perch, may be small to everyone but to him it was fantastic.
 To now gain an advantage of the each fisherman I had to walk out to my chest and then cast out my bait on my little whippy rod.

My bream, one of the many

half hitched prawn
 My only problem now was bait so I copied something I saw in a book I picked up before lunch, half hitching a prawn around the tail once it’s on the hook, and then finally the good fish came on again. Everyone walked to the other end of the beach to swim between the flags so I went along knowing there was a small creek inlet that led into an estuary, I wanted test my PR0 range of Sebile minis.
 What can I say there lure is worth its weight in gold. It absolutely carved up on the little perch and bream at the front of this creek. Along with that it took some other species, one was a glossy white in colour with crimson stripes another was a school of whiting and so one and so forth. There is no doubt about how effective this lure is.
the PR0 colour crankster hooks up yet again

2 comments:

  1. that last picture looks so good and whats with the pic of the prawn??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. well they kept coming off in the current and waves so i remembered something i learnt in a book and half hitched its tail to the hook. it held it on good

    ReplyDelete