Friday, April 22, 2011

gladstone, day one

Dad and I arrived at his appartment and unloaded the gear and he dropped me off at the gladstone marina. let me tell you now it was miserable and raining. I cast lures for ages hoping to get my first fish but it was no luck, just lots of follows. the tackle shop at the marina said not to even bother but that fueled me more just to prove them wrong. and after two more hours I did.
first one, he couldnt stop jumping around
 between two pilons was a whole school of bream and I ended up catching 7 of them. sorry for the short blogs at the moment I guess its the wether ruining the fishing. I did get lots of pics though. The pikey bream ruined the trebles on my lures but none the less they were great fish.
Sebiles were ther lure of choice, cant be beet on quality and hook up rate.

alright size

very much engulfed the crankster 35 MR holo greenie

another engulfed crankster

THE SPOT

Straightened trebles and even one hook snapped off, this will cost me a bit to replace.
 oh and the left chomp marks all over the holo greenie crankster

2 comments:

  1. nice bream mate where was that in gladstone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. under the auckland creek bridge near the marina I found were to cast and its like one after the other

    ReplyDelete