Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fishing the saltwater pond


little brother

I took my brother to a saltwater pond I found to let him practice casting for some of the small Moses perch that were there. He was getting very good at casting but wasn’t hooking up on any of the fish attacking the baits. While his line was out I cast around my Sebile minis and caught some little Moses perch, nothing big but just proves the lure works. After that my brother and I walked to a pile of rocks separating the beach through the middle from the road to way out into the water.

sorry there was a scale on the lense

 On the other side of the rocks there looked to be plenty of little hiding places for bream of all so I showed my brother how to fish off the rocks here and just kept helping him. I did set out my own bait once he was right because there was no chance of effectively using my lures here in the surf. I caught a decent sized bream.

my hook on snaplock

We had to be back for morning tea so we headed back and on the way found one of those beach showers so I decided to wash the rods there so when we get back they will be dry. The rig I was using for bait was a paternoster and on the loop where I put the hook, instead of a hook was a snap lock swivel, this way hooks can be changed easily and if you can’t unhook the fish you don’t have to lose the whole rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment